If you’re anything like me, Friday nights aren’t what they used to be. After a long exhausting week, getting glammed up and hitting the town is the furthest thing from my mind. Instead, I use that glorious evening to wind down and partake in a little self-indulging. After a glass of merlot, I slip into my favorite silk robe and give myself an at-home facial. What better way to (literally) wash away the stress of the week and prepare your skin for the fabulous weekend ahead?
1. The First Step is to CLEANSE. With the skin-appropriate cleanser of your choice gently wash away all impurities (dirt & oil) from your face and neck. Use upward and outward strokes when massaging the product into your skin.
2. Once the skin is fresh and clean I then EXFOLIATE. Exfoliating is extremely necessary because it removes the dead skin cells on the top layer of the skin and unblocks your pores. Opt for all natural DIY exfoliators that can be made using ingredients found in your kitchen.
3. After exfoliation is complete I STEAM my face using the RejuvaMist Ionic Facial Steamer. Face steaming is essential because the process softens the skin, improves circulation, increases perspiration, promotes sebum expression, and promotes better product penetration. And did I forget to mention the fabulous anti-aging benefits!
4. Next, apply the MASK of your choice to your face and neck. I prefer to switch up the type of mask based on the specific skin issues I’m experiencing, or the type of mood I’m in. Homemade masks can be whipped up in your kitchen in a matter of minutes using fresh, natural products. If you’re not the DIY type of girl, there are plenty of great masks to choose from.
5. The final step is to MOISTURIZE. This step is actually broken down into three steps for me – Serum/Oil, Overnight Cream & Eye Cream. Using both the serum and overnight cream aren’t absolutely necessary, one or the other, or a product that provides all the necessary benefits is fine. However I never skip out on 3 IN 1 EYE Bright by LASHEM. It smoothens, brightens, & firms my eyes as I sleep.
Once your spa night at home is complete. Kick back and continue to bask in relaxation. Hey, you deserve it.